Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Westport, CA. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as wave.webaim.org and Google Chrome’s ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
40501 N Hwy One
Westport, CA 95488
Owners: Charles Grigg, Sally Grigg
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.howardcreekranch.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. Our website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features here. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property’s website, please contact us at email@example.com
Bed and Breakfast Website Accessibility Features
This inn’s website for Howard Creek Ranch is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our inn’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Bed and Breakfast Accessibility Features
Our property has an ADA Compliant Room: Walden Room. For other questions regarding the properties accessible features, please contact the owner.
This room is ADA Compliant and has these features:
- Widened doors to accommodate a wheelchair (The doors are 36 and 39 inches. Both are French doors and both sides can
- Rollin shower with portable seat
- Rollup sink/vanity in bathroom
- Grab bars in the bathroom
- The toilet is 26 in from the floor and has 2 ” hold onto” bars.
- Ground floor location with no steps
- The distance between the bed & the table is 39 1/2 in.
- The kitchenette sink is 34 1/2 inches from the floor.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below: